I’ve just added a new embroidery class to Skillshare
My class is on hand embroidery and, you’ll learn how to embroider a small ginkgo leaf
using the chain stitch and turn it into a small brooch with a leather or corkleather backing. It's an intermediate level class, but if you are a confident beginner you can give it a try. The class includes a free ginkgo leaf embroidery pattern in different shapes and sizes.
What we'll cover in this online embroidery class:
- Materials & tools
- How to transfer the embroidery design onto fabric light and dark fabrics
- Threading your embroidery needle & invisible ways to start your thread
- Chain stitch & reverse chain stitch
- Double Running Stitch or Holbein Stitch to outline the leaf
- How to turn your embroidered leaf into a brooch with textile glue and (cork)leather
If you’re not familiar, Skillshare is an online learning community with thousands of classes on everything from business to graphic design to sashiko embroidery and sewing – it’s the Netflix of learning.
By using this link
to my class to sign up for a Skillshare Premium Membership, not only will you be able to enroll in my class, but you’ll also gain access to all other classes on Skillshare starting with a two-month free trial.
If you know of anyone else that’d be interested to learn ho to embroider a ginkgo leaf brooch I’d appreciate if you’d share the link with them too.
Thanks and enjoy your weekend!