Online Embroidery Class: Ginkgo Brooch
I’ve just added a new embroidery class to the workshop collection. In this hand embroidery class, you’ll learn how to embroider a small ginkgo leaf using the chain stitch and turn it into a small brooch with a leather or cork-leather backing. It's an intermediate level class, but if you are a confident beginner you should give it a try. The class includes a free ginkgo leaf embroidery pattern in different shapes and sizes.
What we'll cover in this online embroidery class:
- Materials & tools
- How to transfer the embroidery design onto fabric light and dark fabrics
- Threading your embroidery needle & invisible ways to start your thread
- Chain stitch & reverse chain stitch
- Double Running Stitch or Holbein Stitch to outline the leaf
- How to turn your embroidered leaf into a brooch with textile glue and (cork)leather
Another option is to subscribe for a free 2-month trial to Skillshare to take the class (you'll need a credit card). If you’re not familiar, Skillshare is an online learning community with thousands of classes on everything from business to graphic design to sashiko embroidery and sewing – it’s the Netflix of learning.
By using this link * to my class to sign up for a Skillshare Premium Membership, not only will you be able to enroll in my class, but you’ll also gain access to all other classes on Skillshare starting with a two-month free trial.
If you know of anyone else that’d be interested to learn ho to embroider a ginkgo leaf brooch I’d appreciate if you’d share the link with them too.
Thanks and enjoy your weekend!
* Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. Please understand that I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something through my links. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
PS: looking for a fun and free sewing project? Sign up to the newsletter for a free copy of the smallest Tsuno Tie Bag and sew up some scraps. If you sign up you also get access to the free printable swatch library, sewing project planner and a few other handy templates. You'll receive the files in your welcome mail :)